3 Tb olive oil
10 cloves of garlic, diced
1 large onion (220g), diced
12 ounces (340g) ground turkey
5 large tomatoes (825g), pureed
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup water
1 Tb Better than Bouillon Reduced Sodium Chicken Base
1. Add olive oil, garlic, and onion into a large pot on low heat. Saute until golden while stirring infrequently.
2. Mix together water, bullion, and Greek yogurt. Set aside.
3. Add ground turkey and saute until done, mixing constantly.
4. Add pureed tomatoes and allow to reduce, stirring occasionally. Add more water to the mix if needed to prevent drying.
5. Add yogurt mixture and allow sauce to simmer for ~2 hours. Stir occasionally and add more water if needed.
Nutrition Facts (approx.): 1 serving
Total Fat: 25.2 g
Saturated Fat: 3.85 g
Sodium: 132 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 18.9 g
Added Sugar: 0 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.43 g
Total Protein: 29.4 g