Looking for a new, fun Thanksgiving recipe that is sure to delight? Look no further than these glazed sprouts! The pomegranate seeds add a lovely brightness in both color and flavor to balance out the dish.
2 TB maple syrup (we're using local Vermont syrup from our favorite farm!)
1 TB bourbon whiskey (we used Woodford Reserve)
1 TB spicy honey mustard (we used Inglehoffer Mustard Sweet Hot with Honey)
2 lb Brussel sprouts
1 cup of pomegranate seeds
1. Clean, trim, and halve the Brussel sprouts. Discard any outer leaves which fall away.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Spray the pan with PAM.
4. Mix together the bourbon and maple syrup.
5. Using a sharp, serrated knife stab the rounded back of a sprout and dip the flat side into the bourbon-maple glaze. Place the sprout flat-side down on the greased baking pan.
6. Continue until you baking pan is completely full. Spray the tops of the sprouts with PAM and sprinkle with salt and cracked pepper.
7. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
8. Increase the temperature to 425F and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and put into a bowl. Mix the cooked sprouts with any remaining glaze and pour into serving container. Top with pomegranate seeds and enjoy!
Special Diet Adaptations:
For Keto: Replace the maple syrup with sugar-free syrup or a zero calorie brown sugar substitute.
Nutrition Facts (approx.): 1 serving
Total Fat: 0.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
Sodium: 50 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 17 g
Added Sugar: 3.7 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.9 g
Total Protein: 4.1 g